Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Brace yourself - 3rd time's a charm

Tomorrow, I will be getting braces fitted. AGAIN.
This will be the third time that I am wearing braces...

The first time, was when I was in Primary 1. I had to wear braces for 2 weeks because all my adult teeth were coming out at the same time and it was just getting kind of chaotic in my little mouth so braces were needed to make room or lend some order to it. Honestly I can't quite remember but it was good fun then because they were detachable braces and I could freak the lifeblood out of my Pri1 form teacher by taking them out to play with during class.

The second time, was when I was in Sec 2. This time, it was to correct an overbite. My teeth were all pretty straight, but my jaws didn't line up properly enough. So I had to wear braces for 2 years otherwise my lower jaw might have bit through the roof of my upper jaw.

This time, it's a complicated story. Suffice to say that it was caused by milk teeth which fell off after 20 years and which had no adult teeth underneath to take their places. I shan't bore you with the details but if you're interested I can tell you about it in person because some graphic detail is necessary. So it's braces for 6 months, damn sian.

Not quite the 6 million dollar man, but I have a $20,000 mouth.
By proportion maybe got fighting chance.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm see Dr Ghows in couple weeks. I'll tell him he shd give me discount off my charges since I intro-ed $20K worth of biz to him (ie. you). haha

teetoo said...

dun choke on your mouth guard hor, nolongermybailor.

Anonymous said...

Why is "bailor" now "nolongeryourbailor"?? Bailor you are bailor till she finishes her bond, what ... another three years ...