I arrived home on Sat afternoon after 15 hours of flying time and rubbish food. Needless to say we made a beeline for the hawker centre and stuffed our faces - first meal: bak chor mee, orh luak, chye tow kuey, wan tan mee. Shared between 5 people lah, damn shiok man. heh.
So i've been home about 5 days now and i honestly haven't been doing much save for running errands, getting the house in order, and meeting friends. I'm told "settling in" takes a while but i don't feel out of place at all. It's great to be around friends and family again; some things have changed, but not all that much. Whatever it is, it's just great to be home!
My No.1 Peeve since coming home - The Weather. Hate it. Absolutely hate it. The moment i stepped out of Changi Airport i felt like my t-shirt was attacking me ("get off me get off me!!!"). I tried to go jogging this morning (I've been jogging on and off in London, trying to build up stamina to a not-embarrassing level), but i was also attacked by my t-shirt and the sting from the sweat dripping into my eye. ARGH!! Basically stamina is back to zero. Had false sense of achievement being able to run faster and better in London weather.
No. 2 Peeve - Insects and other creepy crawlies. Why are there so many ants??!? And why are there so many spiders?!! WHERE DO THEY COME FROM??? Do they climb up the gutter? Do they come up the sewage hole? Is my house a delivery ward for all these damn insects?!? I've set about to destroy all of them and I've probably caused a massive death toll in insects and spiders in the last 5 days. I am sure they will be back..but I am ready for them...
But I guess these little peeves are outweighed by things that give me such great joy and make me feel so at home - e.g. paying in SGD, DRIVING, being able to live in shorts everywhere, my dogs and cats, cheap yummy food, great company, Singlish, a Singaporean sense of humour, watching movies, massive shopping centres, grocery shopping with abandon, marketing....etc etc...the list goes on!
I just wish M&S brought in their sticky toffee pudding. Hrm.
Wednesday, June 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment