Saturday, October 13, 2007

News in Brief

I must confess that everytime i feel like blogging (which happens maybe once every couple of days), I get disheartened by the fact that i have no photos to post. In London i brought my camera with me everywhere and took photos of random things, whatever caught my eye, and special moments with friends. In Singapore, i guess i take it all for granted. Plus i think my mother will think i am mad if i suddenly start taking photos while bathing the dogs. But i intend to change that - i intend to bring my camera out with me more often and remedy my lack of appreciation for daily life here. So hopefully this pathetic photo-less blog will start looking less pathetic in the next couple of weeks....:)

I've been very busy lately. I returned to work on 31 Aug and spent my last month as a DPP running to court everyday. The work wasn't unmanageable but i just wished i had more time to pause and enjoy my last days as a DPP, spend time with friends, and just generally soak in the atmosphere. Truth be told I was slightly apprehensive about my move to a new department because i didn't know what to expect, and knowing me, i'm always slightly resistant to change.

But the good thing was - i was only moving next door and i would be learning heaps of new things (which i suppose i am ready for). so that was good. Besides, my old department had changed so much....if i thought i was returning to familiarity and comfort, i was only half right. Of course my old friends and the good times we have when we are hanging out has not changed, but alot more has, and i'm not sure it's something i want to get used to.

It's now been about 2 weeks into my new department. It's very different from what i used to do. There is tons to learn and get used to, and responsibilities to take on. It's all happening very 'fast and furious', but i like it that way because that's the best way to learn and adapt. I've been told that people usually get used to the work within a month or so - hopefully that's true for me too. For now it's studying along the way and desperate phonecalls for help. heehee.

Other than that, er, i hate ironing work shirts and i miss bumming around at home with my cats, and having the time to bring my nephew to the park or swimming or whatever.

1 comment:

I-Lynn said...

You have to keep blogging to keep the bored studying one entertained. Its hard when you are in your comfort zone. But there r people who take pictures of their mundane life, good on them but personally I think it is abit narcissistic.
Hope you are settling into the work as a registrar. Always take time.