Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Gluttony

Even though it is a whole month before i am back in Singapore, i have been thinking about what i am going to eat when i get back (those precious staring at the ceiling moments i will lose when i go back to Singapore!). Nevermind that i have the rest of my life to eat my way through the Island (as i did before i came up to London); the most important foods must be consumed within the first week. Peepur is weird that way....

So here are the things i would like to eat (inhale) when i get back - it's impossible to rank them because i am such a pig that way....

1. Kway chap
2. Bak kut teh from Joo Chiat
3. Indian mee goreng from Adam Road
4. Samy's fish head curry and fish cutlets and chicken masala
5. Kway teow goreng (pedas pedas) with extra daging (from this place in siglap)
6. Chye tow kuey from 7-mile market
7. Bak chor mee from the coffeeshop round the corner from my place (Maple Ave)
8. Beef kway teow (the kind with kiam chye + lots of taugeh)
9. Mee siam / mee rebus from Binjai Park coffeeshop
10. Hae mee (the kind with real prawn stock and pork ribs and kangkong and taugeh)
11. REAL Japanese food at not-ridiculous-prices
12. Korean food (with all the little side dishes) from Excelsior hotel
13. Fried beehoon and luncheon meat for breakfast from Relax
14. Milo dinosaur made by real Indian man (otherwise not nice)

Wah lau i could go on and on...but i should stop otherwise once i hit 15 i might want to hit 20. so let's just leave it random and meaningless like 14.

If I am what I eat then I am a helluva lot of things man (probably including the diarrhoea).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wah, that's some list. some peepur damn gluttonous....I feel my stomach churning at the thought of all that greasy food consumed within a week...

teetoo said...

actually 7 days in a week gives me 21 meals, but i have only listed 14 items. i still have 7 meals to rest. caaaan lah. :) u are coming with me to eat jappo food!

Anonymous said...

What Siglap Mee Goreng place is this? I also want mee goreng, pedas pedas!

Anonymous said...

Sure, about the Jappo food. Bak Chor Mee, Prawn Mee, Bak Kut Teh I also want. I'll pass on Nishi's pedas Mee Goreng