When the rain cleared up yesterday, I decided to go for a walk to the other side of the river - had to go to the Globe to buy tickets for a show anyway.
Off I went - down Gray's Inn Road, across Holborn viaduct, past St Paul's, by the Salvation Army HQ (opulent glassy building!), over the Millenium Bridge, along the Tate Modern, and finally to the Globe. It's not too far, about a 30 - 40 min walk and I like how the sights change as I walk. From the office district to tourist-swarmed St Paul's to the more laid-back atmosphere across the river. The best part is when you past St Paul's and once you turn to your right you see the river and the Tate Modern staring right back at you...not that the Tate is a pretty building, but the change in feel and scenery is so striking it never ceases to surprise me (like 'wah so fast here already ah!').
Anyway, the sky was gorgeous. I can now attach visual imagery to that stupid idiom rammed down my throat by endearing chinese teachers "yu3 guo4 tian1 qing2"...
St Paul's and the Paternoster Square Column (taken from Paternoster Square) - such a beeyooteefull sky!
See the Gherkin peeking out? (taken from the Millenium Bridge)
Tower Bridge in the distance....can still see the dark clouds looming over the milo river...
The view behind me...
I think this walk counts as my favourite walk in London...Wo2 xi3 huan1 :)
1 comment:
Have you ever walked along the Millennium Bridge when there are a lot of people? You can almost feel the whole oscillating up and down ...
Post a Comment