Wednesday, January 24, 2007

SNOW!

i woke up this morning and was pleasantly surprised to see that the view outside my window looked a little different than usual...everything seemed just a bit more...tinselly!!




i know this is probably the height of suaku-ness, but i have never seen snow before. THIS IS MY FIRST TIME SEEING SNOW!! it is just about as exciting as the first time you see frost coming out of your mouth, then you keep panting like a basset hound just to see smoke coming out of your mouth. it is pretty cool!!!

so i went out and took some photos of the pretty snow-covered sights on my way to school...




i even got someone to take a picture of me! want to be suaku must be suaku all the way....



i must say i like the effect the snow has on the city. it obliterates the grey and gloom of london and gives everything a plush layer of new whiteness that is so refreshing and bright. definitely a mood cheerer! until the sun came and melted everything away. bleah.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember when we first saw snow in London! I was in the computer lab and Ravneet was in a class elsewhere. She saw the snow and messaged me. I pulled open the blinds of the computer lab, and there was the falling snow! Everyone else in the room saw the snow too and suddenly the room emptied. We all went out to stand under the falling snow and it was great fun! OK, I even did the "stick out your tongue and let the snow fall on it" thing, till I realized how filthy the London air is and promptly closed my mouth...

Anonymous said...

Our own suaku experience with snow in the UK :) Carol was cycling back to our place one day when she noticed some whitish flakes falling all around her. As the path to our place is lined with trees, she thought it was some kind of pollen or seeds that were being spread by the wind. On hindsight, I regret not going out to take more photos on the one day when it snowed relatively heavily. With all its trees and plants, Cam really looked like something out of Narnia!

Anonymous said...

Here's my suaku experience with snow. I have seen fallen snow before but the 1st time I saw falling snow was in London. I was feeling miserable in my room bec it was dark by 4pm and I had to go for a class at 6pm. Suddenly I heard kids (ie undergrads) screaming and yelling downstairs. Looked out of the window and saw that it was snowing and the kids (they were angmohs, mind you) were scrapping snow off the tops of cars to throw at each other! I grabbed my bag eagerly and headed off to school happily. I walked from Goodge St to the Strand in the snow storm and it was an amazing feeling! But it wasn't so fun by the time my class ended at 8pm. The fluffy snow had turned into ice and Warren and I were slipping and sliding all the way home. The office crowd could not get home bec the good ol' Underground couldn't function with the bit of snow.

staplerholepuncher said...

I first saw snow when I was 4. In New Zealand. I guess I'm very blessed. :-)